This policy applies to information about living identifiable individuals only, in line with the requirements of the UK Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) and UK-GDPR Regulations.
These have been updated following the United Kingdom’s exit from the European Union on 1st January 2021. Accordingly, the EU-GDPR requirements have been incorporated by amendment of the DPA into the Data Protection, Privacy and Electronic Communications (Amendments etc)(EU Exit) Regulations 2020 (UK-GDPR).
Information gathered following access to our website
You may choose to provide personal information to us if you ask us to contact you, following access to our website. You may be asked to provide information about yourself including (but not necessarily limited to): –
- Job Title;
- Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
Information gathered automatically
We may also collect information automatically about your access and usage of our website using cookies and other analytical technology. If you do not wish to receive cookies, you may reject them by amending your browser settings, unless they are required for the delivery of our website or services to visitors.
Automatically-gathered information may include: –
- Web browser type and version (automatically collected);
- Operating system (automatically collected);
- A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected);
How do we use your information?
We will use your information for the specific purpose(s) for which it has been provided or collected by us, including:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products / services;
- transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website;
- to provide information that you may request from us;
- to comply with our statutory and regulatory obligations;
- to deal with any feedback, queries or complaints that you may have
Information gathered by cookies and similar analytical technologies are used to measure and analyse information on visits to our website, to update the website to improve the visitor experience and to improve technical performance. We will not use the data to identify you personally or to make any decisions about you.
Furthermore, we may use your information to administer, support and improve our business activities generally and to enforce our legal rights.
Legitimate grounds for processing your information
We must have a lawful basis for processing your information.
This will vary depending on the circumstances for obtaining your information, but will typically include:
- the activities are within our legitimate interests as a facilities management service provider and online store
- you have given consent for us to process your information in relation to our organisation, its services and activities, or in relation to a general or specific enquiry or request
- the processing is necessary for compliance with legal obligations that we are subject to
If we legitimately process any special categories of information, which may reveal racial or ethnic origin; political opinions; religious or philosophical beliefs or trade union membership; health data or data concerning your sex life or sexual orientation, we must have a further lawful basis for the completion of the processing activities, which may include:
- where you have given us your explicit consent to do so
- where the processing is necessary to protect your vital interests or someone else’s vital interests
- where you have made the information public
- where the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims
- where the processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest
Disclosure of your information
The information you provide to Diverse Commercial Solutions Ltd. will usually be held on our computers in the UK and accessed by staff working in the UK. Information you provide to us may be transferred to, stored or processed by third party organisations which process or backup data on our behalf. These third parties may store or process your information in the UK or elsewhere, including outside the EEA. These third parties may include suppliers of administrative and support services, suppliers of other business-related activities or outsourced IT applications and systems, including cloud-based platforms.
Additionally, we may be obliged to disclose information under certain laws, by order of court or other competent regulatory body or may be permitted to disclose it under applicable data protection laws.
Protection of your information
We have implemented relevant administrative, technical and physical controls for our website, which are designed to mitigate the risk of loss, misuse, unauthorised processing or disclosure of the personal information that we hold.
We will retain your personal information for no longer than necessary for the purpose(s) that it was collected.
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information. However, these rights do not apply in all cases or to all information that we hold about you. In certain circumstances, we may need to continue to hold and process information to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
You have the right to request that we:
- Provide you with a copy of the personal information that we hold
- Update your personal information where it is incorrect or out-of-date
- Delete personal information that we hold
- Restrict the way in which we process your information
- Consider any valid objections to our processing of your personal information
- Provide information you have given to us to a third-party provider of services, where our lawful basis for processing is consent and where processing is automated
We will respond to your request, including providing information on whether the rights apply in the particular circumstances, within the statutory time period. If we are unable to confirm your identity, we may require you to provide further information in order for us complete verification of your identity.
Changes to this policy
We may make changes to this policy from time to time as our services, activities, associated practices or applicable laws change. We will not make any use of your personal information that is inconsistent with the original purposes for which it was obtained or otherwise than is permitted by applicable law. If we intend to use your information for any other purposes, we will notify you in advance, wherever possible.
How to contact us
If you would like to contact us to discuss this policy or how we use your personal information, to exercise your rights, to provide feedback or make a complaint about use of your information, please contact us as follows:
- Admin Team
- Unit 11-12 Wern Industrial Estate, Rogertstone, Newport, NP10 9FQ;
You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office for information, advice or to make a complaint. The ICO can be contacted online at https://ico.org.uk